Meet Nest Cam
I’ll be doing an in-depth review of the Nest Cam soon, but until then here are some high resolution photos of the camera, accessories and packaging. In the box are the following items:
- Nest Cam
- 10 -foot USB cable
- Power adapter
- Quick start guide
- Welcome guide
- Window decal
- Magnetic wall-mount plate + screws
This post will only cover the physical aspects of Nest Cam and not image quality or accompanying software. A few notes on the physical product:
- The camera can be detached from the circular base by unscrewing it.
- The base allows ~180 degrees of tilt forward/backward.
- The base is heavy enough and stable enough to support the camera at full tilt.
- The camera can theoretically rotate on the base, but only due to the screw mount. Rotating the camera much will unscrew it and cause it to be unstable.
- The USB port on the bottom of the camera is a tight fit for the included cable.
- The camera itself can rotate within the enclosure, which allows allows you to mount the camera virtually any way you need to.
Nest Cam retails for $199 and you can read more on the Nest website. Remember to join our newsletter and follow us on Facebook for more Nest product galleries and reviews.
Click any image for a larger view.